- Available on a competitive basis through the department. Please ask the department head or graduate advisor for information. A department application (.pdf file) is available below; print the forms and send them to the Graduate Coordinator (see below).
- Graduate Tuition Scholarships (waives out-of-state tuition)
- Graduate Registration Scholarships (waives registration fees)
- Graduate Assistants in Teaching (salary plus out-of-state tuition waiver, if needed). Normally available only to continuing graduate students at Arizona; however, exceptions may be granted.
- Weinel Scholarships ($750 to 1500 available per year). Financial need must be demonstrated.
- Government aid such as the Stafford Loans, Perkins Loan and Work-Study may also be available. For information and an application form, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (520) 621-1858.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree including at least sixteen acceptable units of upper-division work in Russian (for Language, Literature and Linguistics Track)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree and a minimum of the equivalent of two years of study of the Russian language (for Russian and East European Studies Track)
- GPA 3.0
- For international applicants: TOEFL PB 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS composite score of 7 (with no subject area below a 6)
- Requirements for admission to the graduate program parallel those requirements of the Graduate College. GRE scores are optional but three letters of recommendation are required.
- Applications may be submitted at any time; however, for students desiring fall semester admission all application materials should be submitted by July 1 (April 1st to be considered for financial aid); for students desiring spring semester admission all materials should be submitted by October 1.
- Application materials for admission may only be obtained online at https://apply.grad.arizona.edu/users. Letters of recommendation can be uploaded to the application and soon transcripts will be available to upload too. For the moment, anything you cannot upload to the application, can be emailed to the graduate coordinator:
Russian and Slavic Studies Department
The University of Arizona
Learning Services 305
PO Box 210105
Tucson, AZ 85721-0105
GRE Code: 2606
- Deadlines for International applications are usually December 1 for the fall semester and June 1 for the spring semester. Contact the department for more information.