- Available on a competitive basis through the department. Please ask the Department Head or Director of Graduate Studies for information.
- Graduate Tuition Scholarships (waives out-of-state tuition)
- Graduate Registration Scholarships (waives registration fees)
- Graduate Assistants in Teaching (salary plus out-of-state tuition waiver, if needed). Normally available only to continuing graduate students at Arizona; however, exceptions may be granted.
- Weinel Scholarships ($750 to 1500 available per year). Financial need must be demonstrated.
- Government aid such as the Stafford Loans, Perkins Loan and Work-Study may also be available. For information and an application form, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (520) 621-1858.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree including at least sixteen acceptable units of upper-division work in Russian (for Language, Literature and Linguistics Track)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree and a minimum of the equivalent of two years of study of the Russian language (for Russian and East European Studies Track)
- GPA 3.0
- For international applicants: English language proficiency, see https://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/requirements/international-applicants#english-proficiency
- Requirements for admission to the graduate program parallel those requirements of the Graduate College. GRE scores are optional but three letters of recommendation are required.
- Applications may be submitted at any time; however, for students desiring fall semester admission all application materials should be submitted by July 1 (April 1st to be considered for financial aid); for students desiring spring semester admission all materials should be submitted by October 1.
- Application materials for admission may only be obtained online at https://apply.grad.arizona.edu/users. Letters of recommendation and transcripts can be uploaded to the application.
Professor Grace Fielder, Director of Graduate Studies (email@example.com)
Russian and Slavic Studies Department
The University of Arizona
Learning Services 305
PO Box 210105
Tucson, AZ 85721-0105
GRE Code: 2606
- Deadlines for International applications are usually December 1 for the fall semester and June 1 for the spring semester. Contact the department for more information.