The following individuals have contacted the Russian Department and identified themselves as tutors. In most cases, their experience in the language has not been verified by the department. Most tutors require compensation, we recommend that you establish the cost and terms of service before tutoring begins. Please contact the department if any names and numbers are no longer valid.
- Maria Audretsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mariia Khorosheva, email@example.com, 520-302-2172 or 520-795-8499
- Lydia Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lev Korovin, email@example.com, 602-380-5001
- Ariella Gladstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evgenia Diakonenko, email@example.com, 520-519-9658
- Sevda Murdick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 520-404-0569
Come to the Russian and Slavic Studies department for weekly informal Russian conversation practice on Wednedsdays from 4:00-5:00. Everyone welcome! This is a great opportunity to practice your spoken Russian in a friendly, fun environment with a native speaker, Karina Lebedeva. Meetings will take place JUST BEFORE THE RUSSIAN CLUB MEETS at 5:00 on Wednesdays.
The Russian Department will not translate your documents. There are professional agencies that will translate and certify your documents for a fee. We recommend Rosetta Stone Translations, (520) 575-9200 or you can also find certified translators (and interpreters) at the American Translation Association website www.atanet.org.
We will review and certify your translated documents for acceptance at the University of Arizona.
- Allow at least one week for processing.
- $20 per document (Cash Only.) Price may increase for large, detailed documents and rushed orders.
To prepare your documents for certification:
- Include a copy of the original with the translation.
- Make sure that every aspect of the original is translated literally. For example, be sure no course titles have been changed or letter grades assigned in the place of numeric grades.
- If possible, include an electronic version of the translation, either on disk or emailed to the below address.
- Prepared documents can be dropped off at the Russian Department with your contact information during our office hours.
For questions regarding document certification, please contact the department, 621-7341.