Here you will find information about majoring or minoring in Russian, study abroad opportunities, faculty profiles, course descriptions, extra-curricular activities, and contact information.
Choose Russian and Slavic Studies for the...
- award winning teachers and advisors.
- proficiency-based language program in Russian.
- well-established Study Abroad programs.
- excellence, we have the only graduate program in Russian in the regional Rocky Mountain corridor (Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana) and Wyoming and New Mexico.
- diverse program in Russian literature, culture, linguistics, and language.
- world-renowned scholars in Russian and Slavic language, literatures, cultures, and linguistics.
Degrees and programs available
- Bachelor of Arts in Russian with two tracks: Language Intensive Track or Culture Intensive track.
- Russian Minor
- Master of Arts in Russian with two tracks: Language, Literature, and Linguistics (LLL) or Russian and East European Studies (REES)
Katie is an informed performer who hopes to teach music one day. By learning Russian and understanding the culture behind the pieces she plays on her harp, she can express the music better.
Want to meet other Arizona students who have chosen the Humanities?